Tuesday, March 10, 2020

March 15: Beginner DM, Beginner Class

Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 2:00:00 PM Level One Game Shop 400 Grand Blvd #420, Kansas City, MO

I am learning to DM. So far, I am not a very good storyteller. I am learning to convey relevant details given by the adventure module. As I get better, I will wander into homebrew adventures.

In the way of teaching new players, I plan on spending a lot of time talking about the D&D experience and telling everyone things that no one ever told me.

Right now, I have 6 players. So I consider the table to be full.

Try finding a group through the individual facebook pages of the gaming shops around town. That is an effective way of joining a table that needs players.

Downtown: Level One and Pawn & Pint
Lee's Summit: Pulp Fiction Comics
Independence: Game Cafe
Overland Park: Tabletop Games

I don't know if Liberty or Lawrence have a shop. If they do, I have not been there personally, and can't vouch for their D&D supplies.

Otherwise, inexperienced players-

-5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons
-I prefer meaningful story to mindless combat
-I would like to explore what it means to develop a character
-Bring a sensible amount of maturity and consideration for teammates
-Have a pencil, dice, a race and a class selected for your character
-Starting with Tales From the Yawning Portal (the 40 foot well in the image above).

Races-Halfling, Elf, Dwarf, Human, Tielfing, Dragonborn, Half Elf, Half Orc
Classes- Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard, Warlock

Characters start at level 10. You can use the website D&DBeyond to get started. It does the math for you and tells you some spells to choose from, but they intentionally exclude certain options in order to make you pay for the service- so not all of the races/subclasses are available.

Make sure to use the website for D&DBeyond. Apparently, the app is specifically for source books, if you have paid for access to any.

River Market is under construction. You will need to park on the east side of the shop. Or, if you don't mind walking, on the far west side of the market. Click here for event

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to all our wonderful attendees, exhibitors, volunteers, sponsors, game masters, and staff! #midwestgamefest

We hope you enjoyed your time at Midwest GameFest. Many people volunteered a lot of time to bring this event to fruition. Please thank the p...