Friday, February 28, 2020

March 1: Beginner DM, Beginner Class

Sunday, March 1, 2020 at 2:00:00 PM Level One Game Shop 400 Grand Blvd #420, Kansas City, MO

I am putting together a group. I'm new to this DM thing, so I plan on spending a lot of time talking about the D&D experience and things that new players need to know because it's stuff that no one ever told me.

Ok, I now have 6 players. So I consider the table to be full. I may split the table into a 2nd group if necessary. I will update this post when the situation changes.

So, new players-

If you want to learn to play 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons, don't mind that I'm a woman who prefers meaningful story to mindless combat and endless junk piles of treasure, would like to explore and indulge in what it means to develop a character, and can handle bringing a sensible amount maturity and consideration for your teammates to a D&D group, then come join me. I have a lot of advice to offer. I can be an excellent source of information.

I will have pencils, blank character sheets, a PHB and Xanathar's Guide, a sort of lesson plan, a random collection of unpainted minis that you can substitute for your own (I can explain why I typically keep them unpainted), and I plan on starting with Tales From the Yawning Portal (the 40 foot well in the image above).

River Market is under construction. You will need to park on the east side of the shop. Or, if you don't mind walking, on the far west side of the market. Click here for event

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to all our wonderful attendees, exhibitors, volunteers, sponsors, game masters, and staff! #midwestgamefest

We hope you enjoyed your time at Midwest GameFest. Many people volunteered a lot of time to bring this event to fruition. Please thank the p...